Email from an alum about positions at the Rothman Institute

...if anyone at Bucknell is looking to do research for a year or so before going to medical school they should look into Rothman Institute in Center city Philadelphia. I am doing research in the joints department of orthopedics and absolutely love it! When people ask me where I went to college, they always proceed with telling me about all the doctors at Rothman who either went to Bucknell or their kids go there... small world. 

The surgeons have us very involved here and we each run our own studies, get to meet with patients, and watch surgeries on a daily basis. It seems like it's a great opportunity and a good stepping stone for medical school (especially if anyone wants to attend Jefferson Med). Anyway, just wanted to spread the word for any that are interested :) They have both summer positions and year long positions for those interested, but they do like to see that students were involved in research during their undergrad. If you do know anyone in the future that would be interested, please have them contact me! I would be more than happy to help. 
For those students that are very interested, please have them shoot me an email at either kms071@Bucknell.edu or kiersten.sydnor@rothmaninstitute.com. I would be happy to give them more info about the job and what it entails. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LECOM's Master of Medical Science Program

New Temple Post Bac Programs

Brandeis University's two-track Post-Baccalaureate and application fee waiver